The Church of Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Places to Visit
The first church of Ugioniai was built in 1611 and it was the Calvinist church. Soon, in 1650, the Catholic church was built. It was rebuilt for several times and finally burnt down during the rebellion in 1831. In five years’ time, in 1836, the permanent vernacular classicistic church was built of stones from the Dubysa-Venta channel.