The Church of Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Places to Visit
The first church in Raseiniai was built on the initiative of Vytautas the Great in 1416. Later, in the 17th century, the Dominican monks settled in Raseiniai and built a new wooden house of God and the monastery. The permanent Baroque church, built in 1783, has the features of the Renaissance. It is the Latin cross plan, basilica type, three naves church. (The Dominican architect L. Gricevičius).