The Lyduvėnai Church of St. Apostles Peter and Paul
Places to Visit
The new brick church of Lyduvėnai was built in 1764 under the fundation of the Stanevičiai family. It was a baroque, rectangular shape church with a massive square plan tower. The church was severely damaged during World War II. The priest J. Kazlauskas was appointed to Lyduvėnai in 1949 and he greatly contributed to the reconstruction of the church. The main altar is the allusion to the view of the St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City.