The Headquarters of the Lithuanian Partisans
Places to Visit
The history of the Daugėliškai Bunker begins in the spring of 1948. It became the headquarters of the whole Prisikėlimas Military District. This was the place where all the commands, even to the most remote areas of the Prisikėlimas Military District, came from. The object was liquidated in July, 1950 after its location was disclosed by an informant. During the operation of the liquidation, five partisans were killed, including Leonas Grigonis – Užpalis, the commander of the Prisikėlimas Military District. The bunker was archaeologically explored, restored and opened for visitors in 2010.