The Geluva Hillfort
Places to Visit
Geluva Hillfort also known as Birutkalnis is surrounded by the valleys of Dubysa and ponds from all sides. The exploration of the hillfort has been carried out for several times. It is believed that the wooden castle of Ariogala, that was burnt down by the crusaders in 1382, used to stand here. The hcelebration of St. John’s Day is held here annually. The hillfort of Gėluva is accessible by the Ariogala – Cekiske road or by turning towards Ariogala from the highway.