The Dominican Monastery
Places to Visit
The construction of the Dominican Monastery began in 1760 and was finished in 1778. That is a large, U- shaped, two-storey building. The 22 monastic cells were heated by furnaces. It was closed in 1886. Finally, in 1973 the building was consigned to the National Martynas Mažvydas Library. The Dominican architect – L. Gricevičius.