The Butkiškė Church of St. John the Baptist
Places to Visit
The first church of Butkiškė was built in 1506 and was the filial church of Ariogala parish. It is not known when was the permanent church built (according to the ethnographers, it could be 18th – 19th c.). It is the vernacular style, rectangular shape, towerless church. The churchyard is surrounded by a low stone fence. The bell-tower is built next to the church. Father Stanislovas (A. M. Dobrovolskis) was the priest of Butkiškė in 1962 – 1966.