The Ariogala Church of St. Michael Archangel
Places to Visit
The first wooden church of Ariogala was built in 1416 on the initiative of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Vytautas. It burned down and was rebuilt for several times throughout the history. The present red-brick church was built in 1939 (architect Swiss Pejeris). The priest A. Simanavičius contributed a lot to the construction.